I'm like a little bird...always bringing things back to my nest

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Taking a peek

I made a card today for a couple in our Sunday School class. They are about our age...that would be 60ish. They have only been married a few months and just moved into their new home. They are so pleased with it and excited to be there. So of course they want visitors to come by and see it. We are planning to go by in the next few days, so I bought a plant and made this card to say that we are dropping by to take a peek at their new home and wish them many blessed years to come!! I printed the graphic from a 1946 Children's PlayMate magazine. (I don't know who I got it from. Please let me know if it was yours and I'll add a link.) I used K&Company scrapbook paper, gluing strips of striped paper on the coordinating polka-dot paper. The glitter I added doesn't show up very well in the photo. Have yourself a happy Tuesday!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute. Somebody is going to be thrilled to see you show up at their new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage graphic. You are so thoughtful. I know they will be happy to have you visit.
    Have a blessed Sunday!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious card!!! They will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, Angela! This is absolutely darling. I just love these graphics from the 20's and 30's, just perfect for a new home card. You did a great job, and you're super talented! Love the paper too. really great inspiration!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, thanks so much for entering our APRON GIVEAWAY. I love your card, what a sweet card for this couple starting out their new life together. love it. xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela, Honestly I thought this beautiful card was all one piece! You have perfectly captured the time period. What a lovely card to send. I giggled at your telling on my post that everyone told your uncle a different time to arrive because he wouldn't use Roosevelt time - too funny! We did this for my very recently passed away mother-in-law as well! What we won't do to eat on time! Have a lovely week ahead! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!!