I'm like a little bird...always bringing things back to my nest

Saturday, May 1, 2010

My little red-haired friends...

I once had a larger collection of these happy boys and girls. But the older ones were the ones that really appeal to me, so I kept these that were made by the Georgene Novelties Company from 1938-1962. I kept a few of the newer ones. These six were from the Knickerbocker Toy Company who produced the dolls from 1962-1982. The two little guys on top of this chair belonged to my sons, now age 39 and 36. When I moved to the home we are now living in, I wasn't sure that I would unpack them. My daughter-in-law spilled the beans to my granddaughter last year though. So she wanted to see my "babies". Now she has her own day-care when she stays with me. They are lined up around the room and spread out on the floor for naps. Some have to be separated and scolded to "keep their hands to themselves", but they are most times well-behaved children!!

7 comments:

  1. I've had a love affair with Raggedy Ann since I was a baby. I carried them until my mom had to replace them. She has been such a bond between me and my mom. All my Ann's come out every Christmas. I even loved the books, she is truly the best rag doll in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest blog...the cutest design....Have 2 great giveaways that I am drawing for on Sunday night
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/04/oh-happy-day-and-giveway-no-two.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Raggedy Ann and Andy that my girl friend made for me in middle school. She was an amazing seamstress and she really did a fantastic job. They are a special treasure to me. (even tho they are stuck in a box at the moment...at least I know where they are)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are a lovely Happy Collection! I have my old one a bit tattered and repaired by my Mom when I was a girl because my sisters dog got a hold of it....The buggies were sitting out in a driveway of a home that the lady had passed a couple years back. Maybe they had stuff out for goodwill and they left those behind with a couple of beat-up plastic chairs. I will have to check back there again. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog, Angela!...and of course I'd love for you to join me in my "the colors of my world" posts idea! I see that you are very new to the blogging world--isn't it fun??? Good luck to you and have a great day! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again...by the way I love your raggedys and your amazing pottery collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! It's so nice to meet you! I love your Annies and your Owl collection! Have a great day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!!