I'm like a little bird...always bringing things back to my nest

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fun Weekend!!

I had a fast and fun-filled weekend. We went to see Kamryn's soccer game Saturday, and brought her home with us. We ate and played at McYuckys, went to church, made a gluebook and refrigerator magnets, ate peanut-butter & chocolate ice cream sandwiches, played computer games, read stories, went to bed late, woke up early, put on make-up, shopped, ate lunch at La Madeleine's, met Mom at Target... and went outside only long enough to take a picture of our raspberry lemonade break...because it was 105 degrees.
She's so much fun, and like her daddy when he was young, she has only 2 speeds...full blast and sound asleep!! So Grandma went to bed pretty soon after an early evening nap! It happens everytime she comes, but I love it.

9 comments:

  1. my goodness she has grown!! so pretty! I know you had a great time & that she did too....Yeah Grandma! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty little girl and looks like a bundle of energy.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  3. McYuckys - that's cute. And so's your little granddaughter. I know she'll remember those times all of ther life. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is precious and it sounds like you had a fun filled weekend!

    I am so glad I found your blog.

    I live in South Texas , and I am a new follower!

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela, The house we found is between Gladewater & Liberty City. but would be an easier drive for E & his Mom in the mornings before school, she is working in Kilgore and drives right by there. If we don't get that house we would like to build somewhere. We even considered next door to them. I would give nothing for the time I am blessed with spending with him every single day while she works.....it is just the best thing ever. I can certainly understand why you guys would want to move closer to your kids....what a pull they have on us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds a lot like the weekend I just had!! Full blast is right...those grandbabies don't slow down at all. I am exhausted!!!! Pictures to come later on my blog. :) Your granddaughter is a cutie pie!!!!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you friend for your beautiful visit, Your sweet one is a littel beauty, it is so fun sharing life with grand baby little ones!

    Hot here as well, I am so looking forward to fall :)
    xox
    Beautiful day to you!
    Blessings
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's such a doll. Sounds like your weekend was full of fun! Wasn't it nice to act like a kid again?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!!