I'm like a little bird...always bringing things back to my nest

Monday, May 17, 2010

Saturday fun...

Saturday morning my sweetie and I went by a church sale where I found some game pieces, a spool of ribbon, and some old seam binding. Then after a quick stop at my favorite thrift shop, I added four plates and a doiley to my stack. It wasn't a lot, but it was fun and then we set out for my grandson's superbowl game. It's always a treat to see my kids and grandkids. The game was in North Richland Hills and just a hop, skip, and jump away in Richland Hills is Cottage Panache. I wanted to go over and check out the sidewalk sale they were having. I read about it in Lisa's blog, Tarnished and Tattered and was excited when I realized it was so close to the stadium. I got to meet Lisa...1st one from the blogworld that I've met in person!! She was very sweet...gave me a big hug, and I bought this cute little stand pictured below, from her. The bird nest, ring box, pillowcase, and metal thingies also came from there. My husband bought a really neat , tall shelf...I think it was a plant shelf...the kind with the little small swing out shelves attached. He has plans for it in his hobby room. Cottage Panache is a very nice shop with wonderful antiques and collectibles. They're displayed in very creative ways...with a garden cottage look. It first appears to be small, but has many rooms to wander through. They have plans to open more rooms soon and mentioned offering classes (I think vintage crafting). Their prices were very good and if you are anywhere near, it would be worth a visit.

4 comments:

  1. Angela,
    You did good girl! Love the brown & white transfer & the buck plate...cool! It was so good meeting you & your sweet hub. Lisa
    PS I love what you did with the stand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela. I was at Cottage Panache on Saturday too! What a small world. Looks like you got some cool stuff this weekend. Which thrift store did you go hunting in?

    Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun...I love meeting blog friends and do so want to meet Lisa...lucky you! Great finds...love the number tiles the very best, I think.
    Have a great week!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool finds, and it's fun to visit places in TX through your posts---I WILL get there one day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!!