I'm like a little bird...always bringing things back to my nest

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ruby Tuesday

I don't have much red in my home...but I found these things...I just love these bunnies. The tray is made by Ohio Art and signed by Fern Bisel Peat.
Here are my little friends again!!
My fruit kids are packed away right now, but I found these photos online. This is a Stella Strawberry cookie jar by Pitman-Dreitzer. I also have her companion, Albert Apple. They are from the 40's.
These chalk figures are Stella Strawberry again, and her friend Charlie Cherry. I believe Penny Pineapple, Lee Lemon, Billy Banana, and Albert Apple complete this group. They were made in two sizes. I also have ceramic condiment jars of these six. They are very cute. I've seen fabric and a few other things with these characters on them. Laurie over at Magpie-Ethel showed some chalk plaques a few days ago. I'll be back tomorrow for White Wednesday.
Angela

4 comments:

  1. Hi Angela, those little "fruit kids" are just darling! I don't think I've ever seen these before but they are packed with personality! I love pops of red, it really spices things up. Hope you're having a great week!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raggedy Ann always makes me smile!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Angela, thanks for joining me on my "Colors of my world" posting gig--isn't it fun? I love all your blues and reds~especially the tin litho childrens things which are one of my many weaknesses!!! Have a great day, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your sweet little ruby items are adorable!!! I don't have a lot of red in my house either, but I do love it! Have a happy day...
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!!