I'm like a little bird...always bringing things back to my nest

Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's a Potato Soup kind of day!

When it's cold outside I always think soup sounds good. It's comfort food. I've found a way to make fast, easy, and good potato soup. 2 pkgs. of Idahoan instant mashed potatoes, Loaded Baked flavor 2 14.5oz of cans chicken broth 2 cans of diced new potatoes about 4 cups of milk 2 Tsps of butter small amt. of chopped or minced onion Saute the onion in the butter until browned and add to the chicken broth and the juice drained from the potatoes. Bring that to a boil. Mix in both packages of instant potatoes. Stir until smooth, then add the milk slowly until it reaches the consistency you prefer. Add the potatoes and heat well. I think it would be good with cheese melted in, but my sweetie is not the cheese-lover that I am. It's even better the second day. My last 2 posts have been all one paragraph, instead of being in the form of a list and then a couple of paragraphs. The preview looks like I typed it, but it publishes like this...anyone else experiencing this?

5 comments:

  1. Looks good! I am going to go hop through your blog to see what you have been up to!
    Hope you are warm!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, what have you been doing? You haven't blogged in a couple weeks! Hope you haven't been sick. Some of the other bloggers have had that nasty tummy flu and hurling all over the place.
    Love your comments when you come to visit me- you are so sweet to always stop by!
    Hugs- the crazy blogger- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree....either soup or stew or chili! Thanks for stopping by =) Love your grandkid quotes~can't wait till our Alton starts saying those. He will 2 on the 12th=))

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmmmy sounding. will be making this one soon! hope you two are warm ;) loving your valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so good! I love potato soup and especially on a cold day! Thank you for your sweet comment the other! Your grandkids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!!